Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Artistic Inpsiration 3


While I was at home I was trying to find new ideas so i can come up with better pictures to draw.I then decided to leave my drawings to aside and venture the world wide web.While i was Surfing I decided that i should reflect back on my grade nine year and so it began! I said "why not try something earthy, something historic something....Canadian. Than it hit me...something like landscape!!! I thought of when we were first learning the group of 7, i decided to pick Tom Thompson because of his creative landscapes of Algonquin Park. A perfect idea to be more involved with painting!

I looked up a few of his paintings and recreated one of them."West Wind" seemed to be well known.So I started. I pulled out a canvas i just so happened to get for christmas and paint flew! I was so involved i was recreating a master piece! When i had finished i decided to look at my so called "master piece" it was definitely a piece of work but the word "master" was no where to be located. Some might of said it looked terrible! I couldn't believe that and easy looking painting could be extremely hard to accomplish. Lets just say this was basically a trial and error sort of thing. I definitely learned that just because something looks easy doesn't mean it is.

Going back and reflecting on my grade nine assignment about Tom Thompson made me learn even more about his painting ability.I try harder to accomplish more out of my work because of that day.He has definitely been an artistic inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment