Monday, November 5, 2012

Photography Assignment. PROCESS WORK!

Concept: The concept for my project is: The Nature of Human and Their Worldly Destruction; Contamination, Catastrophe and Wreckage.

Technical Aspects: For the most part I really want to play with merging, and adding other effects such as gritty. I think i will work with some exposure but right now i am mainly focused on merging.

Creative/Design Process: I had to come up with an idea that was appropriate for what i was going to do and my idea started off with the environment. After that i brainstormed possible dangers to our society/environment: pollution, war, natural disaster, disease,starvation/famine etc.  I then explored the possibilities to the project, and came up with various ideas of how to make the images have a lower opacity so the look more "natural." Right now i am experimenting and putting everything together to see if it all fits well. The next step will be redefining it all.

Meaning, Symbolism and Message Behind The photograph: The meaning of my project is the beauty of humans and our worldly destruction. I have chosen to use images that symbolize the destruction of the earth and included them to the photo with lowering the opacity to make the overall photograph look as if the "human" is the destruction. That is also the "behind the photographs" message.

Technical Challenges:  The most difficult part of this project would be the merging. I had some trouble with in during my last assignment, so i though it would be great to  improve and work on it with this project.

Technique: I was drawn to portraits and natural lighting. I thought that natural lighting would be essential because then i can make the photo push more of my concept of the contrast between human beauty and their destruction. When i was taking the pictures i had to make sure that it was a nice day an also i had to position the models with their back towards the sun so it looks like they are almost heavenly or angel like. That was probably the hardest part mostly because i had to take the shots at an appropriate time, which was around sundown for better quality.

Process images: 


Top: Concept drawings

Bottom: work in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment